- Adult (12+)
- Child (4-11)
- Private Buggy
Get ready for the coolest excursion in Cozumel!
Take in the sights on a dune buggy, learn about Maya culture, and jump in for a beautiful snorkel tour on this Cozumel excursion! Start your tour by meeting up with your guide at a convenient location. After a brief safety speech, follow your guides in a caravan toward the east coast of the island, where El Pescador awaits you. This 45-minute stop allows you to take a walk on the beach, a short swim, or just relax in a beach chair while enjoying a drink.
Hop back on your buggy and drive on the coastal scenic route towards El Cedral, the first town founded in Cozumel as a result of people hiding from the lineage war in the 1840s. Your guide introduces you to the ancient realm of the Maya. Visit an ancient Maya ruin, the church of El Cedral, and the house of Don Alejandrino Cardenas, one of the first inhabitants of the town, still owned by his descendants today.
While we’re here, enjoy a delicious snack prepared in the traditional way with local ingredients by a Maya woman while learning about the lifestyle of the old families of this town, their traditions, and the main annual festivity of La Santa Cruz.
After approximately one hour at El Cedral, continue the adventure at Sky Reef, a famous location with great accommodations for lunch. But first, join your certified guide for fantastic snorkeling from the shore. Admire the colorful marine life and the incredible underwater formations of the Caribbean in the crystal clear turquoise waters of Cozumel (order of activities may vary).
Next, prepare yourself for a delicious lunch. Choose between chicken fajitas, fish tacos, or quesadillas and enjoy your front-row view of the Caribbean sea.
Additional services such as lockers, towels, and bar are available at your own expense. Finish your tour driving back to the starting point to complete this fantastic adventure.
- Bilingual guide
- Shared buggy excursion around the island
- Full snorkel gear (mask, tube, mandatory life vest, and fins)
- Mexican lunch of choice of chicken fajitas, fish tacos, or quesadillas! (Vegetarian and gluten-free options available if requested in advance)
- Meeting point: Royal Village Shopping Center by the Hard Rock Cafe guitar, which is located right across the street and within walking distance from the two major cruise ports in Cozumel (Carnival & Royal Caribbean)
- Check in 15 minutes prior to departure
- This tour is suitable for guests with limited mobility on a collapsible wheelchair.
- The minimum age to drive is 21 years old with a valid driver’s license.
- Guests who are pregnant, have heart conditions/asthma, are insulin dependent, and/or have epilepsy are not permitted to snorkel.
- Guests under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- The minimum age for snorkeling is 5 years old.
- The maximum weight limit is 250 pounds.
- The buggies are standard transmission.
- Buggies hold up to four passengers maximum and, due to our limited capacity, must be shared.
- Beverages such as purified bottled water and soft drinks are available along the tour (four refreshments to choose from).
- Bilingual guide service is included (English and Spanish).
- The guide has first aid training and a first aid kit in case of an emergency.
- No one under the influence of alcohol, drugs, etc. is allowed to drive.
- The tour is perfect for everyone from beginners to active participants.